Do you love rabbits, gerbils, guinea pigs or hamsters? Do you have lots of love to give? Would you like to make a difference? If the answer to these questions is “ABSOLUTELY YES,” then we need your help! To help care for our small mammals whilst they are looking for their furever homes, we are looking to expand our small (but big hearted!) team of fabulous fosterers. Fostering is incredibly rewarding, and plays a huge part in helping abandoned and unwanted pets to prepare for their happy ever afters. Fostering is usually short term (from as little as just a night or two to a few weeks) but long term care (for several months) with specialist fosterers is sometimes also required. We never know who will be arriving on our doorstep from one day to the next, so our foster team needs to be ready and waiting for our new arrivals, and whatever emotional baggage they may be bringing with them.
If you would like to apply to join our team of volunteers, you will need to fit the following criteria, for the safety, comfort and wellbeing of our animals.
· An abundance of empathy and compassion · The ability to look after your foster friends inside your home.
· Experience in handling and caring for small mammals.
· Be able to care for your foster friends’ needs, including feeding, grooming and handling.
· Ideally live in the Bedford area, and be able to drive locally when required (for pickups but also to attend vet visits), often at short notice.
· Happy to help the rehoming process by providing photos, videos and regular updates.
We will provide you with everything that your furry fosters will need whilst they are staying with you including cages, food and any medication.
If you would like to join our team of fabulous fosterers and make a real difference to a homeless animal’s life, please e-mail email@example.com and we will arrange a chat on the phone with Zoe, so that we can get to know you a little better. We will also need to visit your home to make sure that it’s safe and secure.